Overview of Our Project Experience
Forward Projects has been providing engineering, project management and safety case services to its clients in a variety of industries, but most recently its key focus has been on providing expert project management services to the nuclear industry.
With the significant technical, regulatory and management challenges associated with this industry, Forward Projects has picked up a variety of different types of project assignments ranging from:
- Business case development
- Front end engineering design (FEED) and optioneering
- Turnaround projects where the incumbent management have taken the project as far as they can
- Fast track projects that have required a new and innovative way of approaching an issue to materially expedite delivery
- Identification of improved value through the introduction of Value Engineering principles and processes
Overview of Our Nuclear Industry Experience
We have been responsible for the implementation of many projects on nuclear licensed sites and we are well versed in the safety culture required of our customers, their operating procedures and the regulatory framework within which the industry operates.
Our general nuclear project management experience and capability can be summarised below:
- Strategy development
- Independent Third Party Reviews
- Plant Modification
- Safety case, detailed seismic analysis, complex design, implementation
- Operational Support
- Asset management, safety
- Licence Compliance
- LC15 Periodic Safety Review management, LC 22 Safety Case Preparation, LC28 Examination, Inspection, Maintenance and Testing
We have often been involved in major projects that have had multiple regulator interest, including Office of Civil Nuclear Security, the Nuclear Installation Inspectorate, the Environment Agency and the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, where consultation and stakeholder management has played a major factor in the outcome and success of the project.
Clients of Forward Projects in the nuclear sector include Magnox North, Magnox South and EDF Nuclear Generation
Examples of actual projects successfully delivered for these clients include:
- Design development of specialist recovery equipment and procedures for use in a nuclear environment
- Management of the structural analysis of buildings for extreme wind loading events and the implementation of strengthen modifications
- Management of the structural analysis of buildings for extreme seismic events and the development of retro-fit modifications
- Management of the design and implementation of a new inner lining to a 6km pipeline using novel technology to the nuclear industry
- Management of a Periodic Safety Review in compliance with the Nuclear Regulator requirements
- The reassessment and preparation of a new business case for the commercial re-use or sale of a former nuclear licensed site to benefit the UK taxpayer
Delivering projects that provide a positive impact to our customers strategy is fundamental to our business strategy.